Friday, September 7, 2012

DUCKS at the Water Spill .... by Bobet Torres

I have been a photographer for over forty years now and time has taken it's toll on my physical being, so having to log around camera equipments is more of an endeavor than anything else. One day, I explored options that would help me when I walk around with a camera with a good lens on it and a quality to meet my standards and be able to document what nature would give me when I am up and about, with out breaking my back. I search the market online, and with all of the semi modified point and shoot camera around, there was not one that would fall into the criteria I had in mind. I want one that is light, and a manipulable setting that I can set my preference when photographing a subject. A good quality zoom lens with enough focal length variations on it and something that will retain my professional statues when I am seen shooting with it. As I browsed some more I came across a camera that has been my frustration for over forty years now and that is a Leica camera. For all this time a Leica was beyond my reach financially and since I could not carry my Canons twenty four seven, I had to have this Leica that I have found. For all I know, it was just my excuse to myself and a way to justify purchasing a camera that has been my lifelong dream. So a Leica V-Lux 1 was delivered to my front door and like a little boy opening a gift on christmas day, I tore through the box and brought out my dream and held it in my hands. From that day on I have not parted ways with my Leica. The photos below are the result of this very light camera with a 10.1 megapixel, carries a 35 to 420 mm DC Vario-Elmarit zoom lens. It also has the HD video capability, which I am not really hot about and an onboard flash that will suffice the requirements I need it for. The photographs of the ducks by the spillway is a result of this camera to which I am very happy with. So on the subject of frustrations, it is achievable, it might take it as long as mine did, but it happened so don't give up. I will have more instructional postings about equipments and photos taken. Your suggestions and questions are all welcome, so please post them on the comment section of this blog.







DISCLAIMER:
The images on this posting are copyrighted material. The above shown images are all personal photographed by the author and can not be used for commercial purposes or for resale by anyone, unless with permission and authorization of the owner/photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment